Getting involved couldn't be simpler. Whether you're a budding presenter or DJ, or you have some free time on your hands and like the idea of becoming part of a worthwhile community project, we're always looking for like-minded volunteers to help us.
There are all kinds of areas where we need your help. For example:
Local News and Sport Journalists
Event Organisation and Management
Promotions and Marketing
If you can spare a few hours a week, then drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time, we also have specific vacanices. At the moment, we're looking for:
Project and Fund Raising Manager
107 Meridian FM, East Grinstead’s community local radio station, is seeking an experienced individual to take on the role of Project and Fund Raising Manager.
This is a paid part-time role working from home, initially for six to 12 months.
Your role will include planning, creating and running fund-raising campaigns and prepare grant applications.
As part of our team you will work with us to address our financial challenges and sustainability, using your management experience to help us raise funds so the radio station can thrive.
You will liaise with the senior management team which can mostly be done via email and telephone.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the listeners and volunteers.
You'll be helping to deliver long term plans for the radio station’s financial stability and future sustainability.
- Design and manage dedicated funded campaigns and projects
- Lead the fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve agreed income targets
- Prepare and submit national and local grant applications
- Organise traditional fundraising activities, such as sponsored outdoor events as well as develop new and imaginative fundraising activities
- Organise an annual fundraiser event for the radio station
- Organise volunteers where needed with fundraising activities
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds.
- Make risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the fundraising activities that are most appropriate and will have the highest chance of success.
- Liaise with the management team to promote fundraising campaigns.
- Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information in accordance to GDPR
- Meet with the management team monthly setting out fundraising goals and at the end evaluating.
- Manage updates to financial supporters bi-annually by maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
- Follow fundraising policies and procedures
- Support the coordination of a community volunteer program
- Provide support for senior management team
- Experience of fundraising
- Knowledge of organisations and opportunities in and around Mid Sussex, East Surrey and North Kent
- Self motivation and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good people skills to motivate and inspire potential supporters/funders
- Interest in creating new ways to fundraise
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency in working with IT tools
- Resourcefulness, diplomacy and good attention to detail
- Ability to define short and long-term goals and develop/manage strategies
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Volunteer management
- Experience in researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the radio station’s aims and activities
- Some knowledge of current radio trends and potential future radio trends
To apply, send your current CV to email@example.com with the subject "Project and Fund Raising Manager".